Sunday, May 12, 2013

And everything turned out OK

What the heck. As soon as the plane landed I was like, how in the world do planes constantly end up OK!? I don't know. 

The flight was hard for me. It was a smaller plane. Not super small, of course, because I would have had to reschedule my flight... But it was a smaller plane. And it was cloudy yesterday, y'all! And it was just a bumpy ride through the night. The flight was from 9pm-6am... But I did not get a single wink of sleep. This is what i did instead:
I've been awake for 29 hours straight... My body thinks it's about to have to take a final exam. Naw.

Lol ok, so Argo was a FLIPPING BREEZE, you guys!!!!! Lemme explain that whole situation finally (I didn't wanna bring it up before because I was obnoxiously superstitious).----- I got a tourist visa instead of a research visa. Research visas are required in order to do research. Allison and I did not comply with that... So we had to plan a whole story about what we were doing with all the random gear we had in our bags, and it was just a big scary mess. (It is hard to explain the seriousness and fear I felt in my heart, but the point of these blogs is to aid my memory of my journeys... And I'm not gonna forget that part. For sure.) So anyways, by golly they didn't even ask ONE QUESTION! 
Travel Tip: Need to Argo past some airport security? Attach a small beluga whale stuffed animal to the outside of your carry-on pack. This will annihilate any speculation that you are lying about your purpose in the country. You're probably a sweet darling who is scared to fly.

.... Speaking of my carry-on bag.... I just recently bought a really sexy black knife. I have been so excited about it (not in a violent way. In a fieldwork way). However... It has been lost for the past three days. Guess where I just found it. In my carry on bag. Is this legal!? 
I know they switched the laws around a little... Lol but that shouldn't have been allowed on the plane. Whatever.

Ok so anyways, what else happened? Oh, remember that bus we were supposed to hop on tonight? LOL- yeah, try again tomorrow; all sold out. So now we get a WHOLE EXTRA DAY IN THE CITY!!! :-) I was very excited for this. Baha, I love when plans change spontaneously change in foreign countries. That was not sarcastic. Neither was that! I'm for real... It is fun.

Look what I saw at the market we visited:

And if you didn't know- I've been dying for some harem pants for monthhhhsssss, so look what I bought for $17- 
Go Dawgs.


And the hotel- is THIS CLOSE to the brand new World Cup stadium!! It is 95% completed, said the bellhop. 
See that big thing back there? Look past my face. It's back there. Brazil World Cup 2014! This is attached to the outside of our hotel: 
 
And this is me walking around:
See that excited face?
Also, shout out to the queers:


Ok, so now I'm all showered. Dr. Fragaszy is working on a grant or something grown-up like that, and Allison is doing what I'm also doing- Sucking the wifi out this whole building. 

Maybe I will post again to tonight!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment