Sunday, June 9, 2013

Humidity and Children

May 22, 2013

Today was super got. But we all decided it was because of the humidity. Luckily we didn't have to work super hard today because Lucus and Noami had the children from the school in Gilbues come to the Blind for a school field trip!! These children were so adorable!! And they absolutely loved the monkeys. I wanted to talk to all the cute kids so badly... But I was scared they would respond in Portuguese that I wouldn't understand. Which is most Portuguese... :-/. Hours before the kids got to the blind we were out there with the monkeys. We kept them there by throwing nuts and corn over and over. Mainly Allison and I used today as monkey identification practice. Here are four new monkeys that I kinda have memorized, 24 hours ago all of these ladies looked EXACTLY the same. -Piaçava: She is the alpha female. She has high hair and a lot of white around her face. Especially above her eyes. -Chuchu: she has two wild tuffs of hair. But basically looks identical to Dita. -Dita: is not as light as Piaçava. And doesn't have wild hair like Chuchu. That's all I got. -Teninia: She looks like those other three except has a square face and looks like a pug. I don't like pugs. Don't tell anyone, but I have kinda given up on learning the juveniles. They won't ever be the focal animal of the day like Mansinho, so we don't reeeeeally need to know them. But we will see what happens. They all look like clones though, like wtf, it seems impossible. Today was another good day. I had a serious compassion practice session with an unnamed individual... But other than that, I was 100% in a good mood all day long. That is becoming my normal. This is a very special summer for me. I can't tell if it's where I am or where I'm not... But I feel really good about myself as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment