Sunday, June 9, 2013

We saw a poisonous snake today

May 24, 2013

Today was long and sweaty. It is really sweaty in Brazil. This is like a summer-long soccer camp. Except instead of being soccer players we are being creepy monkey stalkers. My feet hurt. So listen up- we have three new characters. I will list their names and my first impressions of them that actually don't even matter because first impressions are useless. Michael: This is a different Michael from the Italian who has been here. This one is an archeologist from Australia. He has one of those cute accents. He is prolly like 50 years old. I like him. He is smart and nice, I think. And the main thing about this man is that he has the most amazing field hat on the planet. I have been thinking about it all day. It is Australian and leather. He looks like Indiana Jones. Alejandra: ok, this girl is just awesome. She is from Argentina! And archeologist too. And she is a mic between Mia Hamm and Nelly Furtado and Sporty Spice. She is prolly 40-something. She is very polite and funny and she loves her culture and she dressed like an archeologist and I just think she is really cool, ok? Hanna: She is a graduate student from the UK. Basically she is very quiet... I don't know anything about her at all. Except that she likes House. Really though, she is a mystery. I have been told several times that I look mean when my face is relaxed, like when I'm riding a bus or just sitting there. I think her face is like this too. But this means absolutely nothing. These new characters all work together and they will be here for two weeks. They are investigating something about the rocks and anvils the monkeys use as tools. Today we followed Teninha. She was boring and I didn't like her very much. She made me get sunburnt. But it was definitely cute when she was nursing her baby Tiao. Tomorrow is Saturday and we have a long day planned at some lake. WE ARE GONNA HAVE A PICNIC! I also learned today that chewing gum CAN be digested by our digestive system and it does NOT take 8 years to digest. Wow, world. Nice joke. I know the truth now. Shoutout to the metric system of measurement. Nice to meet you. But for real- listed on my next resume as some technologies I have experience in will be, "...GPS, GIS, the metric system..."

No comments:

Post a Comment