Monday, July 15, 2013

Bananas and bumblebees



July 13, 2013

Today we woke up super early and left the house just as the sun was starting to rise. We had to find the monkeys before they got to the blind so that we could call them and map how they ran there. Ya see? So it was a James Bond type of morning. We were trying to find them! I had binoculars! Fun. We found them waaayyyy up on the ridge by our house (with my binoculars, so that made it even better)... So we had to run to catch them as they were descending. We did. Then, Natalie helped us by playing the marimba ringtone over the megaphone. We followed Dita as she RAN to get herself a banana breakfast! They looooovvveeeed the banana breakfast. Yay.

Then I was exhausted because I didn't get coffee because we left too early. I have been on the exact same strict eating and drinking schedule for two months- so I was about to die. But luckily we got back and the coffee was still out on our table. I had two full cups. Her coffee is strong. I was extremely jittery for the next two hours. So I ran around and did laundry. I tried to relax by putting on my bathing suit and tanning. My heart was beating out of my chest. So I got up and cleaned random useless items and completed my daily chore of picking all the needle grass out of my boots, socks, and needle grass guards. Is this boring to read? Sorry.
I also played soccer by myself and listened to my iPod while doing so. I always feel relaxed when I do that. I feel happy and creative. I wonder why I stopped doing that two years ago... Luckily, I have recovered my juggling skills.
Sorry, is this still boring? Here is something even more boring to read: There is this one bumblebee that lives in a hole in our roof. He is sweet and never bothers us. He leaves every morning and returns every evening. Of course, he comes home to rest sometimes throughout the day. Sometimes when I see bees out in the field I wonder if they're him. However, several weeks ago he died. Natalie said he ran into the lightbulb too many times one morning. I found him lying on the floor below said lightbulb. I got a shovel and buried him in alignment with the piece of wood his home was carved into. Now he is in our back yard. I fashioned a cross with two sticks and a blade of grass to serve as a headstone. Poor guy.
At first I was pissed when I noticed that a new bumblebee had moved into my late friend's abandoned home. But over time, I grew equally as fond of this bee. He never bothered us.
I bring this up now because it was only twenty minutes ago that I realized that multiple bees live in this same hole. I'm not sure how many, but I know that I just watched three bees go into my old friend's cave. So in reality- I've always loved them all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment