Monday, July 15, 2013

Weird day.




July 11th, 2013

This morning I woke up with a toothache. My wisdom tooth. I've have wisdom toothaches for two years now. Mom, help.

So I was in a sad mood. Very sad.

Let's move on.

We found those monkeys out there in the wetlands. What a surprise. They love it there. I can't imagine how happy they are in November when all the mango trees have ripe mangos hanging from them. That's all I ever think about when I'm there... I bet those monkeys are so happy. I picture them laying on their backs with big ole fat tummies full of mango and they can't even walk because they are so full and the babies are all sticky and smell like baby mangos. Also- I think about ticks. But anyways. We were out there and we followed one of the monkeys around, except today we didn't have a guide with us. So we just kinda rocked it like professionals. I saw a toucan. Huge beak! He was all alone and made me smile when I was sad about my tooth/throat. He was the second toucan I've see so far.
Also, today the monkeys played a game called, "Which Monkey Can Get a Nut from that Very Ant-Infested Tree?" Lol it was funny... But scary!! The older monkeys could twist a nut off quick enough... But the younger ones would struggle! And they would all run off SO FAST with the nut from the ants. We were rooting for each one as they took turns trying to grab one! "Go, Dita!! Go!!" But they would all get bitten and run away swiping ants off of themselves. Not funny, but kinda funny. Like reality TV.

We got back at 3:15. Short day. I continued reading this textbook that I'm obsessed with. I'm kinda cuddling it right now. 'Primates in Perspective' Doree is cited in it a whole lot.

I wish I could have a conversation with my dad about infanticide. Basically I wish I could talk to dad about everything.

Tomorrow we are going to call the monkeys to us using an iPhone ringtone and a megaphone and reward them with bananas. Just another day.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment