Sunday, July 28, 2013

Vanessa the RAT

July 16, 2013

Remember the pet mouse we have over here that comes to visit at night? Yeah, screw that. She is not my friend anymore. 

For the past four nights this little skank has been bothering us without any mercy or relief. She climbs all over the beams that connect the three rooms in this building. She climbs down into our room at night and bites all of our belongings! My tube of Neosporin is bleeding out of its side!! (Should I put a bandaid on it?) She scrambles and trots all around me and Natalie's room making racket and chomping items. All night. Last night we were woken up intermittently from 1:30 until 4:30. The problem is that she is never to be seen when we finally get irritated enough to untuck our mosquito nets to come chase after her. I have only seen her little booty once. And one time I saw her preciously cute little eyes. I startled her and she was scared! So I couldn't be mad at her after seeing her lil face. However... That was before last night. When she stole my LAST LEMON CANDY!!! And I know that she stole it because I heard the easily distinguishable crinkles of the thick plastic wrapper walking across my entire room on the floor. There was nothing I could do. By the time my sleepy self sure that it was my candy was walking away... it was too late.Candies don't walk alone. Alejandra gave me that piece of candy with another one. I already ate the other one, then my tooth fell out- so I was saving this one. And that RAT stole it! Now, if that wasn't evidence enough for you- Natalie told me this afternoon that she SAW Vanessa with my candy piece. Natalie said she saw her run with it dangling across the floor in her dirty mouth. Then she said she saw Vanessa stop on top of our shelf and nibble on it a little before she took it up into the rafters. Is this a joke?! Tonight we rearranged our room so that Vanessa would have no way to climb down into our room. Let's hope it works. 

Sorry! That was the story of my day. Also we followed the alpha female today out there in the wetlands. Honestly... I don't even mind walking around there anymore. I also did some of my project today. It felt good getting my own data for my own project, you know? I kinda feel like a scientist when I do it. 

Allison and I are friends- Let it be known. She and I talked about how it will be when we get back to the USA. I hope everything goes well. I'm very nervous for it. Only thing I know for sure is that I miss CNN and Google. I'm gonna miss the woods when I leave too. Anyone wanna have a picnic in the forrest with me?



No comments:

Post a Comment