Thursday, July 11, 2013

Two serious situations.



July 2nd, 2013

So basically a piece of my tooth fell out BUT- I was on TV today. Which story do you wanna hear first?

I will tell you the tooth story first since it came first chronologically.
There I was, standing out there on the veranda flossing my teeth as I do everyday, when, all of a sudden- my floss flicks out a chunk of my molar. Why? Why did my tooth break? Yeah, I have no idea. But I almost had a panic attack thinking about how much data I need to collect and how I might need to collect that data while enduring extreme tooth pains. In the woods. With no dentist for miiiiiiiiiles. Sweaty. Wow, Hell on Earth, what's up. You know how tooth pains can be! Was it a filling that popped out? Was it actual tooth? I don't know. When I tossed it on the stone floor, I heard it bounce; It was slightly sizable.
Anyways- it doesn't hurt. It didn't hurt as I drank my hot/sugary coffee this morning. It didn't hurt all day. For real, it feels just like all my other teeth. Besides, Lucas told me that one girl had to get a root canal over in Gilbues one year. She survived.... Lol so I am probably gonna be fine.

But really, it doesn't hurt. Yet. I'm just gonna chew only on my right side for a few days.

Now- the TV story. Ughhhhh I don't like the media. They caused disruption in the field today. But I also realize that the interviews we gave today could be good for conservation efforts. Camera men can just be annoying, I'm sorry!!! I'm sorry!
   They are from Piaui TV. Lol except I made that name up. But they really are from state tv. They filmed the monkeys and all of us. I was interviewed with Allison. Lol she was very nervous. She spoke to them in Portuguese. I answered in English. Tune into Piaui TV for more details!!
But really, it was kinda neat! And hopefully it will be on YouTube one day.

I'm still having a good time here!! Things are going well. Today was good for data. Tomorrow will be good :-). These people are good entertainment. And Allison is my hero.

It's a frog-eat-frog world out there, you guys. So ya gotta stay sharp and stay positive.

Hi, Mom! Hi, Dad! 229 friends- I miss y'all badly. Y'all have my back.
Layla's birthday is coming soon! I always miss it :-(. 

No comments:

Post a Comment