Sunday, July 28, 2013

Party Animals

July 21, 2013

Yesterday we had a party all day long. Lotsssssss of people from all over came. We drank beer and played music and some of us danced!! I played soccer so much. I was very tired and very dirty. So I showered then put on my party clothes! And we had a great time. But now I wanna tell you about my favorite part:
 A little girl was at the party. She was 10- I asked. She didn't have parents here and I actually don't even know how she got here. There was no one at the party that was her age, so she looked lonely. Very lonely, in retrospect. But she was just here sitting and observing all of the drinking adults. But also she was really watching us, the foreigners. Intently, sometimes. When Allison got up and walked to the restroom, the little girl walked up to her, grabbed her wrist, and asked where she was from. Allison was moved by this, I think. Very soon after this the little girl came over and sat by me. That was when I asked for her age. She was such a beautiful kid. Stunning. She could be a GAP Kids model or something. So we told her. She was shy about that. We were sitting there observing the party-goers together when I pulled out my iPhone to check the time. She saw and said, "your phone is very pretty." So I let her hold it. I showed her how to swipe through the screen and to tap on icons. Then I let her look at my photos. I showed her how to watch the videos. I have 1,300 photos on my phone... And she sat there and looked at every single one of them. And I know that because she finally looked up from it to show me how she couldn't swipe any further. I explained to her that there were no more. She seemed sad. I showed her which games she could play. She played. Then I showed her how to take pictures. I'm pretty sure she loved that. She took pictures of everyone at the party. Every once in a while she would come back up to me to show me the pictures she'd taken. She was having fun. That was my favorite part of the party. 

Now I am hungover and in this hammock. Lucas is leaving within the hour. I'm sending these blog posts with him.  I wonder if I will ever see Lucas again in my whole life. He is a great person. A musician. He's inspired me play guitar again. Bye, Lucas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment