Thursday, July 4, 2013

ticks are so average


June 20th, 2013

The day after my first experience with tick bombs, I got used to having multiple tick bombs per day. Here are some jokes that have to do with tick bombs. What do ticks and boys have in common? - I want neither in my pants.What's the difference between boys and ticks? - Only ticks get in my pants.Basically, if a mango tree is in your sight, you will be getting hit by a tick bomb in your near future.I still love mangos. As long as you have your shirt tucked deep into your pants and your pant legs tucked deep into your socks and you check your legs often- you will be fine.The monkeys slept over there in that awful Tick Land that night. So we had to go back the next day. We survived...!!! Ya just gotta catch the bomb right when they explode.We got two super good days of data in a row after the first tick issue. We have this pet mouse who isn't our friend because she only wants to make a racket at night right when we try to sleep. Her name is Vanessa. I had a dream that I woke up in Athens and I was so incredibly sad. But I was at my aunt and uncle's house!! Hii!!! But anyways, I got there and I was so confused about what all I had missed this summer. Then I found out that prom was that night!!! I HAD NO DATE!!! So I was running around trying to find a date. Lol and guess who I ended up making those plans with... FISH! My friend Fish! He rode his bike all the way to Athens from Albany. But he busted through my uncle's window with his bike when he finally arrived. Lol and my uncle was angry. Someone tell Fish that this happened.Some people here are getting seriously bitten up by Mosquitos at night... But my Mosquito net is like an air-tight vacuum. So don't worry, Momma. The oldest guide here said we were getting good. Lol! Yay! We also can tell we are getting better. Our data have less holes in them. But mainly, we are much muchhhh better at walking. Remember in Avatar when the main avatar girl in Avatar told Jeff Sully, "you're like a baby." Lol that is how we felt at the beginning of this mess. But we have made improvements. We should have made a video montage of clips of us falling and falling and tripping... And then us meditating... And then us running swiftly through the forest and jumping over big rocks. My feet hardly even hurt anymore at the end of the day.Days are so long and kinda hard... But afterwards I feel so useful. Lol my mother knows I hate manual labor. But for real- this isn't so bad. I feel accomplished and goooood. Oh snap, I almost forgot to tell y'all about Chuchu's estrus. I'm not gonna get too in detail about this situation because this is a family show... But PLEASE ASK ME TO TALK ABOUT IT when I get home. It is so fascinating. She turned crazy. Absolutely lost her mind. Today is her forth day in estrus. I don't know how Jatoba deals with her. She stalks him. She is CONSTANTLY squeaking and sniffing his back and tail and getting RIGHT IN HIS FACE. There isn't a moment that she isn't looking at him. She barely ate yesterday. I know that because we were following Jatoba yesterday. She was so gross and forward all day towards him. Lol and he wouldn't even look at her. He ignored her to high heaven. He would even slap her when it got too bad. She lost her marbles, you guys. And he was her target of interest. Jatoba only mated with her once.... Then he finally looked at her. And afterwards he was looking at her and running and playing and being social with her. For a good 10 minutes. Lol... But he would NOT let her touch him. He would run away. Lol it was like he was saying, "Look, you're a really sweet girl. And that was good for both of us... But I really don't do that cuddling stuff. Ya know?" It was just fascinating. She calmed down a little bit immediately after they did all that.... But eventually, she started losing her mind again. RIGHT IN HIS DANG FACE. Squeaking and being weird. I woulda slapped her too. While wearing a wifebeater. Also, it took all this time to realize that the Dixie Chicks were singing about my life. Aaaahhhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment