Sunday, July 28, 2013

Rude

July 15, 2013 

Look, I don't know why those monkeys are acting so bad lately!! What is the matter with them! We couldn't find them anywhere this morning. I don't know if their foot/hand prints were erased or what... But we didn't see any evidence of them anywhere. They are so bad. But I guess if I wanted to hang out with obedient monkeys then I shoulda just worked in a laboratory this summer ;-). 

So after we walked all around and after we tried calling and calling with our iPhone (literally) we gave up and came home. Our field assistant/guide/friend said he thinks they are in the wetlands. So I reckon that's where we'll be at tomorrow!... Better tuck your pants into your socks. -sigh-

After I got home I had another cup of coffee. Wow, cool story. Ok here is a better one- I ate an orange with Lilly the captive monkey after I had that coffee. That poor baby. She is literally crazy... And it makes me so sad. There is nothing the family can do about her now; all they can do is wait for the officials to come rescue her. Have I told you about her? I forget. She was rescued by one of Maria's sons. A man had her in town in awful conditions. So now she is in a cage in the backyard. She is crazy though, unfortunately. She is nothing like Jatoba and the other wild monkeys we know; she would die out there. She is very abnormal. But so sweet! So I shared my orange with her. She really enjoyed it. I would just hand her one piece after another. I would eat one, and she would eat one. It took her much longer to finish one little orange piece than it took me. She would tilt her head waaaaaay back to drink the juice the way our other monkeys drink sometimes. I gave her the last piece, then I peaced out.

I got to talk to some of y'all today. Hi, Mom. Hey sisters. Hey Dad in Europe- you better be back in America to rescue me from the airport! Chad and Dya- CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BAYBAY! I wanna see Basia ASAP!! Speaking of Chad- hello David, if you're reading! I think you would really like this place!! I could totally see you out here having a good time!  I heard my grandma Nanny is reading!! I was so happy to hear this!! Hi, Nanny!!! I love you! 

You guys are so sweet acting like you miss me. ;-) Y'all are gonna make me wanna leave more often. 
 
And to finish up, here is a small humorous story:
Natalie was just over at her shelf as she prepared for bed. She was sorting through her items and belongings and then said to me in a relieved voice, "Phew! I thought this giant beetle was a turd," and then walked away. Don't worry, Natalie, it's just a giant beetle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment