Sunday, July 28, 2013

Two girls, one megaphone... And no monkeys

July 18, 2013

Today was weird. We went out as usual, but we tried the banana experiment outside of the blind. This is strange because the monkeys have never been given food outside if the blind. And honestly, I think that was one reason why they didn't end up choosing to come to the other side of the pond for bananas. But we tried to convince them with the megaphone and marimba ringtone for a whole hour. They were hollering and some of them were trying to come to us... But ultimately- Jatoba and the alpha female decided not to come. This was sad for us. So later we decided we needed to practice the banana outside of the blind so that they KNEW we would give them bananas even when they weren't at their normal food spot. And it worked. So, maybe we will try again very soon. We left the woods early because of all this. 

Today Allison got sooooooo many ticks during the whole banana call. She apparently had them all over her arms and armpits. :-( And she had a lot in her socks. This made me sad. I found one attached in between two of my toes too. 

Oh, Vanessa the mouse didn't show up last night. HAHA!! Or the night before!! I think we won! But now I feel bad... Because remember I said she was adorable? So I got a stale cookie and broke it into three pieces and hid each one in a different spot in the office for her. Hopefully she finds them. Also, don't tell Natalie that I did that because I told her I didn't. Poor Vanessa!

Today we played soccer with Mara and her sister Marta. It was really fun!! They played in dresses, lol. My ball is flat and I'm really sad about it. I brought my pump with me and it works!... But there is a hole somewhere that I can't find. So, I covered the entire ball with masking tape. It didn't work. We played with a flat ball.

But honestly all I do here in Brazil is follow monkeys and scratch my ankles. Bugssss.
 

Me: "Everyone has a gay cousin."
Natalie: "Really? Do you have a gay cousin?"
Me: "No, I AM the gay cousin."

No comments:

Post a Comment