Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wildlife



July 7th, 2013

I have new passion for wildlife photography. I'm all about it every day. The passion includes mammals, reptiles, and insects. I love it. I'm getting a nice little collection of photos!! I have even started arranging them on a PowerPoint for to be able to show them to anyone who will look. Dad always does that. Tonight I got the best picture of a cute little fat chunky baby scorpion.

Today I got to text several of y'all. It made me very happy to hear from my friends!! I didn't get to text all of you... if I didn't text you, I'm really sorry. The sun started to set and service is extremely spotty out on that cliff... So I was struggling to send what I could.
One of my favorite texts I got today was from my best friend Danielle. She wrote, "... And I love love love the Leigh Anna I'm seeing through your blog." This was special for me because I love this Leigh Anna too. I've missed her. It was good to have outside confirmation that something is different about me... Because I've been feeling it for a while now.

We only have two more full monkey days left. Teimoso and Doree. And after we follow those two- there won't be anymore mandatory data collection of that fashion needed. I was sad when Allison told me that today. She must have read my sad mind because she quickly responded to it by saying, "oh- but do not worry... We have LOTS of other stuff to get done." That's good. I like being busy! And I like being with the monkeys. She even added that we need to get some extra focal data too. Also.... I have to get some data for my own project.

This morning was another wildlife extravaganza out on the cliff by our house. I went out with Natalie again at 5:30 like we did once before. This time- the macaws were much more lively!!! They flew around and hollered and demonstrated their use of sophisticated language techniques. I got a nice video of them. It was cold this morning! And the sunrise was remarkable. As in, it looked like something I would want to remark about later.
Then, I heard my favorite monkey Mansinho out in the trees. So I yelled at him to come hang out. As in, I imitated their localization vocalizations and hollered like our guides do. And that little sweet monkey replied and came straight over to us from 150 meters away. He came over with one other monkey from his group. He was very photogenic this morning. It is really hard withholding my deep deep desire to surprise snuggle him. I think we have a connection. Except for,,, if I ever did lose myself and snuggle-surprised him... He would probably destroy my face and limbs. Did you know these monkeys have stronger jaws than German Shepards? Fun fact.
Listening to the world wake up from that cliff will be a part if this trip that I never ever forget. No doubt.

Today I had weird tummy cramps for the majority of the day. This is the second day this had happened. I think it is from the butter that I sometimes eat. The butter is kept out on the table throughout the days and nights... Lol but we eat it? Anyways, today I had more than usual... So I am blaming it for my tummy.

I miss human contact. That's the only thing I ever miss about being out of the country. Natalie and I hug every morning as a ritual since I told her this. I'm thankful for the hugs.

Well, it is 8:18 pm so I need to get going on the sleep train. I hope you all are doing well.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment